Several years ago, when The Professor and I were getting ready to move back to Texas, we put our house in Tennessee on the market. Thankfully around that time the staging shows were wildly popular on HGTV. I got great ideas. But the shows gave The Professor anxiety. He worried a lot about the house not selling. And we did have a ton of drama selling that house, but I won’t get into any of that. In the end it all worked out.
Now, we’re settled here in our house in Texas, going on 5th year since building it. We’re still watching HGTV. Though now the shows that are popular are the remodeling shows. Our favorites are Property Brothers, Fixer Upper and Love it or List it. But here’s the problem, every time I watch one of these, I find something new I want to “fix” in my house. So as of right now here’s my top 5 things I want to change in my house.
1. our kitchen cabinets have no hardware. It’s a pain in the butt to open the drawers, and frankly they look naked.
2. my lower cabinets are like big useless holes. why do they only put those stupid half shelves in those cabinets? how is that helpful? I keep trying creative solutions, but so far nothing has worked.
3. I want crown molding. Downstairs in my living areas. And molding around all my windows. My windows are just hollow holes, they have no personality. Molding would make them pop and look pretty.
4. I wish we’d splurged and gotten the double vanity in our master bath. alas we share a sink even though our vanity is large enough for 2 sinks.
5. I wish we had one more room. Just like 300 more sq. feet.
So how about you? What would you change in your house? Do you watch home improvement shows?
Also we at Peanut Butter on the Keyboard want y’all to know that as much as we’ve loved sharing our lives with you these last few years, the time has come for us to shut our doors. We’ll run through the end of January.