The close of one year and dawning of a new one is such an awesome time for reflection. We’ve taken a quick look back at the year that was and then turned our attention to the year ahead of us. Lots of fun and excitement, and several things we’re really ready to leave behind.
What about you? What’s your best of 2012? What are happy to leave behind? What are you most looking forward to in 2013?
- Best of 2012: The Hunger Games movie. It exceeded my expectations.
- Happy To Leave in 2012: All the talk about 50 Shades of Grey
- Most Looking Forward to in 2013: The Host movie. I loved the book.
- Least Looking Forward to in 2013: The fiscal cliff. I need my deductions!
- Biggest wish for 2013: That my family and friends stay healthy.
- Best of 2012: The Hobbit. It took me back to high school. I loved Lord of the Rings so much and this evoked the same feelings.
- Happy To Leave in 2012: The election year. GET OFF MY FACEBOOK WALL. 🙂
- Most Looking Forward to in 2013: I’m going to Australia, and I’ve never been! So exciting
- Least Looking Forward to in 2013: Honey Boo Boo’s show still being in existence. Why is this a thing?
- Biggest wish for 2013: For my family to be happy and well-taken care of. For my kids to move forward and keep growing and developing. For my husband to be joyful in his new role, and me to be happy and responsible in mine. And for me to SHOW them how much I love them. Every day.
- Best of 2012: The Summer Olympics
- Happy To Leave in 2012: The ceaseless media coverage of the Presidential election
- Most Looking Forward to in 2013: Kate and Will’s baby (babies?)
- Least Looking Forward to in 2013: Not a thing. I’m Irish. We believe in self-fulfilling prophecies, so I’ve decided 2013 is going to be a great year all-around!
- Best of 2012: 20th anniversary trip with my husband, ten amazing, sun-filled days, just us!
- Happy To Leave in 2012: The whole nightmare of Saints bounty-gate and the excruciating season that ensued!
- Most Looking Forward to in 2013: A tie between getting date night back on our calendar and bringing a new Young Adult series to life!
- Least Looking Forward to in 2013: Seeing my former favorite baseball player playing for our arch rival L
- Biggest wish for 2013: For softer edges. For more compassion and forgiveness. For the world to take a step back and a simultaneous deep breath. For less hate and aggression. More gentleness. More understanding. And love. Lots and lots of that.
- Best of 2012: SuperGirl becoming potty-trained.
- Happy to Leave in 2012: That ridiculously hot summer without A/C
- Most Looking Forward to in 2013: WonderGirl becoming potty-trained (hey! it’s the little things, right? =)
- Least Looking Forward to in 2013: The next Downton Abbey season ending *cries*
- Best of 2012: The Hunger Games trilogy – I was late to the party, but the 2 weeks I spend reading these books were a highlight!
- Happy to leave in 2012: The election (living with a political science professor means election years are like superbowls that last for months)
- Most looking forward to in 2013: I have 4 books coming out! I’ve never had that many books out in one year
- Least looking forward to in 2013: Whatever new reality spectacle will be next – I wish our culture wasn’t so intent on getting their 15 min of fame
- Biggest wish for 2013: That I would become at all the roles in my life: wife, mother, writer, housekeeper.
- Best of 2012: The release of The Farm, my first single title YA. It’s been super fun. YA fans aren’t like romance fans. Romance fans just kind of quietly read and enjoy the books without a lot of fanfare. YA fans find you on Goodreads, email you privately and follow you on Facebook. It’s such fun!
- Happy To Leave in 2012: The presidential election! I just could stand the stress. Plus, I hate feeling like the country is divided.
- Most Looking Forward to in 2013: The movie Warm Bodies. Years ago I had an idea similar to this, but could never make it work, so I just can’t wait!
- Least Looking Forward to in 2013: My baby starting kindergarten. I’m just not ready for that!
- Biggest wish for 2013: To manage my time better. I’d like to be more efficient.